Sunday, November 8, 2009

writing and rewards

I've been hammering out words for this year's NaNoWriMo. I don't know what's kept me from trying it in previous years, other than those in which I had a paying day jobb of werk.

I'm coming around the bend between 17k and 20k words. It's amusing, like using a long since dormant muscle that never actually atrophied.

In parallel lines of communication, it seems from smelling the dust at the Soul Asylum message board that the band's kicking around the idea of doing another album. They did nicely back in May in Mound, Mn.

I have been pleasantly amused by Ryan Adams selling digital singles in recent weeks. I've bought each one. Imagine my chagrin after being a regular at a Weezer board lately, I went and missed Ryan's new pink 7-inch single. It was cheap, but I missed it.

Not to fear, though. I reached out to a RA junkie I used to live near, and she threw me a link to the songs, which being an exhaustive completist for the artists I follow, let me absorb the content. I thanked her three times.

I don't think three hours passed before a friend of hers was offering to send me a spare 7 inch she had been sent by mistake. Again I thank Goddess and the skies and try not to dwell much on what I could've done to be blessed thusly. Despite my human failing of endless wonderment, I let it go with a threefold thanks.

I scuttled up a handful of old Weezer bootlegs from a fellow forum user, and found about every version of the pre-Green Album era song 'Superstar' that could've been 3-5x bigger for the band than 'Hash Pipe' ever was.

Another place in which I lurk, a random collection of audiophiles sharing enthusiasm about the music they love, shot me a link to a "bonus" ep a favorite artist of mine had sold only at iTms. So I have what everyone else who paid the same as I did got, but without having to lose another Lincoln.

It has been a good Samhain and despite a nappy streak this weekend, I hope to pass 30k words before next weekend. With coffee, my Ryan Adams writing playlist going, and a wee nip of the herb if medically indicated...I'd hesitate to say so, but this feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment