Tuesday, August 18, 2009

awghost as the summer lamp is burning

I finally put up a timely post at my music blog. Included a link to a freely-available live recording shared off-site.

Now the inner pessimist is waiting till my wp blog disappears b/c of the link, completely indifferent to the content around it.

My new books still haven't showed up from amazon, dangit. Altho I am inchworming along in the paperback I'm reading now...it's frustrating to go to the mailbox and find it empty.

I've developed a poor person's game. I go to amazon (or half or addall or wherever) and find the cheapest book I actually want to read, and then find another cheap-as-I-can book that I want from the same seller, to split the postage up and make it a little less like a bite in the ass.

Things is tight, dollars is scarce. It's like thrift-store shopping online. And I love thrifting...

I've found that most of the thrift stores in any given town have web affiliates or equivalents that unload remainders and old library books for cents on the dollar. Usually by hustling them at amazon or half.

So don't bite the big box bookstores and their obscene cover prices unless you can't help it. Find more to read at the library, the library sale rack, trading sites like paperbackswap or bookmooch, garage sales, thrift shops, and whatever's necessary to make your money go further.

No comments:

Post a Comment