Monday, May 2, 2011

help turn "yes we did" into "yes we will!"

A full night. No even slight hint of regret I haven’t gamed yet. Portal 2 will still love me longtime when I get to it.

President Obama reported to the American people that the persons tasked with such soldierly skills have killed Osama Bin Laden. Despite never wishing to cheer at death, I am complicated by emotions.

So despite that cognitive conflict, I hope everyone feels like it's a New Day.



I’ve been moved to tears repeatedly and it don’t matter. It’s a big damn day in America. "We" got Osama Bin Laden. I think that long sigh we're all letting out is a breath we've been holding together for ten whole years.

There are a great many happy people at this moment in NY and DC and everywhere else. It’s hard to keep myself from welling up just thinking about it. Joyful tears indeed.

Yes we did!

And now let me compose contemporaneously to the tune of Pete Seeger's "Bring 'em Home."

“will we bring the troops back home? Yes we will, yes we will!
will we win health care for our elderly? yes we will, yes we will!
will we protect social security? yes we will, yes we will!”

more verses coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment