Monday, November 15, 2010

playing hooky from nanowrimo

Like most of life's lessons, the moments I'm dwelling on up in my brainbox today are best examined and learned from with plenty of perspective.

I remember writing my own ham-handed amateur's bridge piece between Weezer's Pinkerton album and Kevin Smith's film Chasing Amy, which hit my life right around the time a couple of close friends came out as gay or bi, and I found myself just a boring old straight person.

Not narrow enough to find dykes unattractive, but unmoved by the prospect of dick even when I didn't have to look far for a male who constantly threw softball come-ons my direction.

So here I am today reading one person's ultra personal dissection of Chasing Amy over here:

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2010/11/15/jay-silent-bob-live/

and then a history of Pinkerton over here:

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/this_is_beginning_to_hurt_a_woefully_incomplete_oral_history_of_weezers_pin/

and it all leaves me wanting to dig out the last few copies of that poem I wrote back then and burn them in a pile in the backyard.

Then I'll go write something BETTER...

No comments:

Post a Comment